Tuesday, July 10, 2012

NAIL FILES : AMAZING SPIDERMAN (OPI)

I was so excited when OPI released the Amazing Spiderman polishes! To be honest, im more of a Batman fan, but I was still really excited to see what they'd come up with. I think this is one of OPIs best releases, because there were some high end dupes, and who doesn't love that? When I finally saw the collection I was a little bummed because there was only two colors that caught my eye. Of course my Ulta was out of the one polish I REALLY wanted. I ended up finding the polishes at JcPenny. I didn't even know they sold OPIs! And to make things better their OPIs were 2 for $12 :)

Left: Just Spotted The Lizard (3 coats)
Right: Number One Nemesis (3 coats)
(I'm well aware there is a hair in this picture. I tried to retake it and none of the other pictures really captured Just Spotted The Lizard, go figure right!)

Just Spotted The Lizard is a beautiful duo chrome shade. It has hints of green, and copper, and is a foil. It's also a dupe for Chanel's Peridot! I got 4 days of wear out of this baby, and a ton of compliments! This is the one shade I had to have! I don't own Chanel's Peridot, so I can't compare the two for you unfortunately. But I have heard they are about dead on!

Number One Nemesis is a more of a gun metal silver color, with some silver shimmer. Unfortunately this chipped on me the very first day :( While I was starring at my nails I had a thought....it reminded me alot of Revlon's Carbonite (which is a dupe for Chanel's Graphite!) So of course when I got home I had to compare the two.

Left: OPI's Number One Nemesis (3 coats)
 Right: Revlon's Carbonite (3 coats)

Pretty similar! Carbonite is a tad bit darker, but they could definitely be dupes. And your definitely don't need to own both in my opinion. So if you were lucky enough to snag Revlon's Carbonite when it made it's appearance in the drugstore scene, or if you were lucky like me and snagged some bottles super cheap at Big Lots you can definitely skip OPI's version! I ADORE Revlon polishes, and I know i've gotten some pretty decent wear out of Carbonite compared to Number One Nemesis.

There is nothing I love more then high end dupes! Especially cheap dupes! Like I mentioned I don't own either of the Chanel polishes but a quick search of the internet can definitely lead you to some comparison shots. 

There is a small chance that a bottle of Revlon's Carbonite might end up in a giveaway soon. But don't tell anyone ;)

xO


No comments:

Post a Comment