Sunday, March 17, 2013

REVIEW : OPI Nail Envy


I was an acrylic wearer for years, and I mean years. I have very thin nails that break very easy, and never seem to grow no matter what I do to them. I had heard about this product from one of my favorite beauty gurus on YouTube and decided why not try this out.

I found this quite a few places, JcPennys, Utla and online. I definitely recommend purchasing this off eBay or Amazon because it is a tad too expensive for my liking. When I got this at Ulta it was in a "gift set" and came with OPI's rapid dry top coat. That only kind of made up for the price in my eyes. I believe it was around $16 for the pair, and this costs $16 on its own. It comes in a few different formulas, but I chose the original.

I used this as it was instructed and really saw no improvement on my nails at all. I used up almost the entire bottle (all that is left is the little bit at the bottom I can never seem to reach!) I saw blog posts about this making peoples nails feel thicker right after putting it on? Not quite sure about that because my nails didn't feel/look any better with this. I was hoping this would work for me as i've found it quite impossible to whip my nails back into shape.

The one thing I hate about these Nail Strengthener products is a feel like since I change the color of my nails every single day almost they are pointless. The layers end up coming off before I can put another. Maybe thats why I can't get this to work for me? I just cant seem to wear bare nails for a few weeks to give this a chance to improve my nails.

I have found a similar product that is cheaper (review to come) that has helped more then this has, but still not as much as i'd like.   

xO

No comments:

Post a Comment